Sunday, December 5, 2010

Chanterelle Mushroom Kofta

Jim:
Ack! What did I get myself into?

Actually, these turned out nicely! I could have heeded your advice to keep the spicing even more minimal than I did, Faustianbargain. I put a tiny, tiny pinch of ginger paste in the kofta, and it was jarring. Didn't cover up the chanterelle flavor, but neither did it complement. Just a bit of powdered coriander and cumin next time. Also, some minced leeks. Here's the base:

Posted Image

I sauteed the mushrooms with a little oil, rough chopped about 80%, and pureed the remainder with minimal besan and they held together nicely.

Here's the finished kofta\/

Posted Image

It's in a yellow tomato ginger sauce, the same I posted over in the members only section. The spicing didn't obliterate the mushrooms, as in my pulao. Should have left the cilantro out, too, but it needed some color.

Fun project! :D
--jim

http://www.gourmetindia.com/topic/111-mushrooms/page__st__20

No comments:

Post a Comment