Friday, September 24, 2010

Happy Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies

Happy Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients (use vegan versions):

2 cups unbleached flour
2 tsps baking powder
1/2 tsp.salt
cinnamon to taste (optional)
vegan chocolate or carob chips - put in as many as you like
1 cup raw sugar (turbinado #1, sucanat works too but sucks up a lot of the moisture)
1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup water

Directions:

VERY IMPORTANT-make sure all ingredients are at room temperature. It will work if they're not at room temp but it works MUCH better if they are. Also while your oven is pre-heating put the cookie sheets you are going to use on top of the oven so they get preheated as well. Preheat oven to 350.

In a large bowl mix flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon (if you choose). Add chips. Make a well in the center and set aside.

In a medium size bowl mix vegan sugar and oil. Mix it well. Add the vanilla and then add the water. Mix it well. Add the wet to the well in the dry. Mix it well but be careful not to overwork it. Add more chips if you need to. Spoon onto ungreased cookie sheets. Put them in the oven. Bake for 5 minutes and then flip and rotate the sheets.(top to bottom,and 180 degree rotation) Bake another 4 minutes and check them.

The cookies are done when they seem a little bit softer then you want them to be. They will harden up some as they cool. I usually go in two minute increments from here untill they get to where I like them.

Take them out when they are done and move them to wire cooling racks. If they split or come apart when you try to remove them let them sit on the pan for 2 minutes before transferring them to the racks.

These cookies have come a long way, lots of time and tasting spent on getting them to where they are now. Vegans and non vegans LOVE them. In the words of my 6 year old son-Mom, you're the greatest because you know how to make the best cookies. Enjoy and let me know if you have questions. Sweet travels.

Serves: almost two dozen

Preparation time: 15 mins?-10 to 12 cooking time


Oh, my goodness! These are the best choco chip cookies I've ever tasted!!! I made one batch with the cinnamon and one without and they're both great. Also, Earth Balance vegan margerine works well as an oil replacer (we didn't have any oil in the house), and it creamed up fine with the vegan sugar. Great recipe! J

Archived comment by: joelle
These are very good. I love chocolate chip cookies, and am so glad to be able to eat them again. This recipe has made me so happy!

Anmari
yay!yay!yay! thak you for sharing how you feel about the recipie. it makes me feel so very good and happy to know you have enjoyed the cookies. yay again. Smiley sweet travels.d.

de_perri
These cookies were really good, easy to make, and quick, i left them in the oven to long, because i thought they weren't done becauset they were not hard at all so when i finally took them out and let them cool they were a little bit too hard, so don't leave them in the oven more than 10 mintutes (trust me they will firm up!)

bobbie
These cookies were sooooo great! Infact, the cookie dough was excellent raw (and its safe!) I cooked mine for 8 min. at least and the dough was still so fluffy, so I was tempted to leave them in. Good thing I removed them because they really toughened up when they cooled down!

monkeygorillagirl
These cookies are amazing! I used 1 tsp of cinnamon and Tropical Source Espresso Roast chocolate chips and they worked great!

carriepaperc
These cookies taste great, but don't leave them in for more than 8 or 9 minutes, as they do harden very quickly after being removed.

Jessika
mmm, these are delicious! another variation i tried is adding a bit of melted bakers chocolate to make double-chocolate cookies... either way they're absolutely yummy Smiley

pawprints
Hi. I made these cookie twice and they were Wonderful. The first time I followed the directions to the tee and the cookies turned out just like everyone said they would. I like my cookies soft so the second time I (I didn't make all the batter the first because I wanted to see how it would do if I wrapped it up in plastic wrap and left it for a while)made this (after the batter sat for a week wrapped) I let the cookies stay in for only 3 minutes at (350 degrees). Each side. Needless to say they were all gone after the end of the day. They were wonderful both times and Everyone I gave them to loved them. Vegans and not!!! Thanks for a wonderful receipe..Yes, I ate the raw batter that was stuck to my fingers!! (smile)

cheeki3

No comments:

Post a Comment